Re: all pop, no go

To: matt w Monday <matt_monday@juno.com>
Subject: Re: all pop, no go
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:17:58 PST8PDT
Matt wrote:
> ...I need some help with my roadster.  ...on the way home yesterday
> I was turning in to a side street and went to step on the gas and it
> started popping and wouldnt go anywhere.

Sounds like a fuel flow problem to me. When you started it up later,
did it start right away, or did it take a few cranks (what would be
required to pump fuel into the carbs). When did you last check the
fuel filter? Disconnect it and shake the gas out of the inlet side (DON'T
do this near sparks or flames!). If you shake out much junk along with the
gas, I'll bet on a clogged filter.

-- John