Re: Ruuning/fog lights

To: "Steve Harvey" <stevenh@execpc.com>,
Subject: Re: Ruuning/fog lights
From: "Jeanette Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:49:18 -0700
Steve,
I just put a set of PIAA 510 fogs on my 69 2000 ( part #5161). They are 4"
round, with fluted lenses. They look near stock to me. The stock ones I've
seen are round, with larger lenses. (See: "Roadster.Org" for a pic of a 67.5
w/ stock lamps)The neat thing is the way they wire in. They have their own
wiring harness, and draw power from the battery, not through the (weak)
stock fuse box. But they work with the stock fog light switch, so you don't
have a non stock switch showing. All this is not mentioning that they light
up the road like sunrise. These lights are not cheap, but I think they were
worth it. I found them at a 4X4 offroad place. When off, they look clear.
When on, they're yellow. I also put in a pair of HELLA H-4 head lights. Let
me tell you, when I run at night with high beams and fogs on, I'm pretty
sure I can be seen from space.

I hope this helps,       Dave.          SRL311-10444
Stanwood WA.