no more smoke

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: no more smoke
From: shifty <shifty@well.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:38:15 -0700
I took the rebuilt 1500 out for a long drive last night in the fog. The
fog was good cover, as the car was still pumping out white smoke at every
stop sign. I kept an eye out for anyone who might report me as a "gross
polluter". After a few passes along Skyline between the lake and Daly
City, the smoke finally stopped. Guess the whole system had to get hot
enough to burn off all the coolant left from the head crack. Now I can go
to the Fog Fest on Saturday without bringing my own cloud!

Also I found a guy who does old fashioned hi-fi repair and had him work
on my rocking sound system - the stock Toshiba AM radio (six
transistors!). All cleaned and tuned, it sounds pretty good. Has working
lights and everything.

Brings to mind Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers' "Roadrunner"
http://members.aol.com/gustoeater/jojo/ml.htm#roadrunner

(Radio On!)
I got the AM
(Radio On!)