Re: Dash? Godzilla?

To: HyperAion <aryasu19@idt.net>
Subject: Re: Dash? Godzilla?
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 21:24:59 +1000
I watch every early Japanese monster film that is shown on television, just to
look for old Japanese cars. Unfortunatly the lead actors always seem to be
driving some big horrible American car (a Yank Tank as we call them here) like a
Galaxie or a Lincoln, but in the background you see all kind of groovy things
like Bluebird taxi cabs, Nissan Junior tow trucks, etc. I haven't seen a
Roadster yet, but I keep looking.
  One television show that I have often seen a Roadster in is "Hawaii Five-0".
In one episode the bad guys girl friend is seen driving a silver Roadster
several times during the episode. You often see a Roadster or a Bluebird in the
background as McGarrett and Dano drive around.
 There is an Australian film called "The Cars That Ate Paris". In the opening
scene you see a white Datsun Roadster driving along a country road. Suddenly the
car veers out of control and goes over a cliff and crashes head on into a gum
tree. (I used to own the car from this film, I bought it off a guy who bought it
from one of the producers of this film. He started to restore it but it was a
lost cause, the car was totally wrecked. I bought it as a parts car.)
 In "The Karate Kid Part 2" the bad guys car is a Nissan Silvia CSP311, it is
only in shot for a few seconds though. The Karate Kid's girlfriend drives a
Honda S600.
 To see a real classic Datsun, check out the Australian film "The Big Steal".
The star of the film drives around in a 1964 Nissan Cedric that his parents gave
him. Brit-car Barrie should watch this film because the guy trades in his lovely
classic Datsun and buys a Jaguar, which turns out to be a lemon. (I know Citroen
is the French word for lemon, Isn't Jaguar the British word for lemon? :-)
  Check out http://www.cco.net/~vland/brandon/misc/brancar.htm to see the Datsun
Roadster that Brandon Lee used to own.
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/index.html