Pertronixs goes Ka blooey!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronixs goes Ka blooey!!!
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 14:47:40 -0700 (PDT)
HellO All,
        So ia m pulling into my driveway after a weekend of hard driving and
the car runs-on and dies.  I try to start it back up and nothing.. Pop the
hood and hey one of my MSD ignition wires is not connected to anything.. Hey
its supposed to be connected to the pertronix balck wire.. Where is that
wire??? Pop the dist cap...uh-oh.. Somehow the black wire got WRAPPED around
my dist shaft the dist just spun it  up like a fishing reel..disconnecting it
from the MSD and shredding the insulation all over the inside of my cap...
        Has this ever happened to anybody else??  Damn hope I don't have to
buy another pertronics unit...

        Daniel 69 2000
        SF CA