Re: HELP - Hood stuck Closed!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP - Hood stuck Closed!!
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 17:04:41 PDT
To all that answered my plea for help, THANK YOU!!!!!

I have finally open the Hood.

I ended up using a thin bladed scissor, wrapped in rubber to first pry the
side up the hood up. Then, once the side was up just a bit, I was just able
to slide a long flat head screwdriver under the rear of the hood.

I gave a couple of strong tugs/pushes and still the hood didn't open.
Finally, gave a pull as hard as could and.....'Pop'. The hood was open.

The reason the hood was stuck, was because the plunger had a slight angle to
it when the hood was put down. I have since straightened the plunger and all
is now working well.

Again, thanks to all who helped.

Dan Zubkoff
1965 SPL310-10927D