Re: Gotta have Dat!(sun roadster)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gotta have Dat!(sun roadster)
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:45:11 -0700
Hi,

The three seaters are relatively rare.  You might want to check and see
if it has a single carb.  If so, it's a collector's item.  Only 300 of
those cars (the first Roadsters as we know them) were brought into this
country.  The dual carb 3 seaters are not much more plentiful.

The three seaters have some problems as drivers.  Drum brakes all around
don't do the job the later front discs do (after '65. that is).  The
1500 cc engine is sort of anemic compared to a 2 liter.  The top is a
royal pain to put up/take down.  The early cars are positive ground,
which can lead to problems if you want to do something like install an
aftermarket radio.

I had a '63 single carb 3 seater back in the '60s and I loved it.  Good
luck, whatever you do!

Brit-car Barrie
'66 2000
'67 Muskuar