Re: Which KA24 to use? Truck or 240sx?

To: bonomos@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which KA24 to use? Truck or 240sx?
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:20:32 EDT
In a message dated 09/29/1999 3:58:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bonomos@yahoo.com writes:

<< Well, so far my research has brought me to this, which
 KA24 to use.  There is the 16 valvle in the 240sx or
 the 12 valve in the trucks?  Any opinions greatly
 appreciated.  I only want to be able to get close to
 about 160hp after mods etc..  Thanks. >>

The DOHC KA24DE is considered to be a higher-revving engine...whereas the
SOHC KA24E is more of a torque motor. There's great potential in both, and
160hp is actually no problem at all with either motor. When you do the swap,
you'll have to put on a new air filter and exhaust, so that'll put you right
up around 150-155 with the KA24E and ~165 with the KA24DE. The KA24E is of
course a lot cheaper than the DE. And there is a difference in the KA24Es
that came in the trucks and the 240SXs....they have different tranny gearings
and ECU maps.

Van
- http://members.xoom.com/BADROC