Just another evening in Roadster Heaven

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Just another evening in Roadster Heaven
From: arthur@vistamediagroup.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:49:13 -0700

Hello all!  Just wanted to do some trivial sharing.....

I got my new front springs a couple of days ago from Mike Kerr, Roadster
Restoration (Thanks, Mike!) to lower the front end (+-1 3/4" lower than
US stock).

The passenger side went smooth thanks to the tips I got from Mike: undid
the top nut holding the shock, popped out the torsion bar, undid the 4
bolts holding the bottom plate where the spring rests, and the whole
thing popped out.  I cut the rubber stop down, put the whole thing back
together and left the other side for the next evening.

Last night I started on the drivers side.  I took everything apart as
mentioned above. When I went to put it back together, one of the bolts
holding the bottom plate wouldn't go in.  I tried jiggling it around,
prying with a crow bar, jacking the plate up, then tapping it down,
cursing at it, staring it down, nothing worked.  I finally decided to
take a break, drink a beer, reflect upon my limitations as a mechanic,
and then talked myself into the fact that I CAN DO THIS.  I had to undo
all the other bolts, use the crow bar, curse some more (hey, a little
profanity is proven to help in these situations), and I finally got it to
go in.

I put the wheels back on and lowered my precious baby to the floor.  What
a difference!  I must have spent a good 20 minutes just sitting there
admiring my handiwork and my car.

You know something, I just love this car.....

Arthur R. Rockwell
'66 SPL311
North Hollywood,  CA
E-mail:  arthur@vistamediagroup.com