Fwd: Spirit of the 'Hill claims another!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Spirit of the 'Hill claims another!
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:47:17 EDT
--part1_3452c753.2525a4e5_boundary

From: CarterCM@aol.com
Full-name: CarterCM
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:41:36 EDT
Subject: Re: Spirit of the 'Hill claims another!
To: glasgow@serv.net

In a message dated 9/30/1999 9:33:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
glasgow@serv.net writes:

<< And another thing....I just can't believe it when I see a guy (it's always
a guy)
 driving his full-size pickup on the freeway with a couple of big dogs loose
in the
 back. One emergency swerve to miss someone and those dogs are dead. >>

True story #1
Years ago, I unfortunately saw this happen right in front of me on the I-10
Freeway. An Irish Setter in the back of a pickup went over the cab when the
driver rear-ended someone. The dog unfortunately was not killed outright but
broke its back and flailed around on the pavement for quite a while. It was a
sad and ugly sight. To this day, I still get a chill every time I see dogs
riding in pickup bed.

True story #2
When my brother was in high school, he and his friend decided to take our
family poodle for a ride in the friends top-down MG (wouldn't you know it).
They hit a soft shoulder going around a curve and rolled the MG. The dog was
thrown out and killed.

True story #3 (Roadster content)
When I was in college, the Roadster was my only car. I had a big Old English
Sheepdog that went everywhere with me and it was a blast (and serious "pull
over" power with girls!). Still dangerous but it worked out OK only because
the dog was very mellow, laid down on the package shelf and was not the type
to get excited, sit up or jump out.

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA
1970 SRL311 #14100