Re: Ebay Thief..

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Thief..
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 06:55:39 -0800
List,
Here' the what I had to do to get eBay to end the auction.

First I sent several  email messages to the guy. I then called his home
and asked
them to take it off. It was not taken off of the auction so I sent an
email to
Safe Harbor. I received a generic reply from them at 2:15 in the morning.

I then wrote them a message with the heading "Legal Action Pending"
with information on Fred's dealings and warning to the guy and my
dealings.
I sent the guy another email message asking him to take it off his sight.

I waited for a reply from eBay until 4:30 PM at that time I called
information
for San Jose and got eBay's corporate number. I spent over an hour on the

phone mostly on hold to customer service. Like usual they didn't know
what
to do about , but where very polite and as helpful as possible.

While I was on the phone I was told there was an email message going out
to me at that time. I logged back on and the message said he was warned
and the picture disappeared for about ten minutes. I checked back after
watching the auctions on Tom's items and the picture was back. I then
sent another complaint to eBay with a threat to sue eBay for lack of
action.

I received a phone cal from an eBay representative at 9:00 PM letting
me know that they had ended the auction. I can't believe all the time
it took me to get the picture off and how hard it is these days to
actually talk with someone at a major business.

I also received a long reply by the guy in question. I have not replied
to him I am waiting to cool down about before replying to his letter.

The funny thing is I tried selling the car in the picture. I guess I can
still
call it my car, for $3,500 with two spare U20's, one extra 5 speed and
a garage full of parts. I had only one call and not one person came by to
look
at it.

Thanks for all the lists help with this problem,
Mike