Re: Ebay Thief.. update your will. REALLY OT!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay Thief.. update your will. REALLY OT!
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 10:42:36 -0600

Thomas Walter wrote:

> P.S. Do update your will. My sister's husband did NOT have a
> curent will, and it just caused more heartache. Be specific,
> and have an Atty. look it over, cheap insurance.

AND make your funeral arrangements!  Morbid?  No, just a good idea.  Most (?)
of us will need these services, and you can save yourself (or your loved ones)
a pile of money by doing it yourself, NOW.  And you WILL save your loved ones a
lot of grief.  I USED to be in the business, and I saw a lot of
unnecessary heartache.  And you get to have it your way.  Want it simple?  Put
it in writing.  Want it elaborate?  Put it in writing.  In California, as of
Jan 1 99, such arrangements, if paid for, are legally binding and may not be
changed by heirs.

"Well, the funeral industry just does that to make money!"  Right, they do.
And car makers sell cars to make money.  I'll bet most of us drive.

If you do nothing else, get one of those booklets they give away at funeral
homes which give a place to record all of your wishes AND vital information.
Then actually fill it out.  If you kick off with a heart attack, your loved one
will be glad they don't have to wrack their brain to remember all
of the silly details that are REQUIRED on a death certificate.  How many of you
know your spouse's parents' place of birth, years of education, etc.?  Yes,
that's all required.  Can you imagine trying to come up with all of that under
those circumstances?

--

Mark van der Hoek
Houston, for now