Great Bunch of mates in Australia

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Great Bunch of mates in Australia
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:30:53 EST
Hey group -

Just got back from my third trip to Australia, and I really have to
compliment the Aussies and in particular Phil Brooks in Sydney (before he
moved) and Noel Finden in Queensland/Brisbane.

I was honored to be included in the Annual General Meeting of the Queensland
Sporty Group :-)).  We call them roadsters, they call them sportys.  Hard to
tell the years (other than high or low windscreens [windshields for the
non-Aussie])  The Aussie sporty has no side mark lights like in the US.  Also
virtually all their 2000's are solex (eat your heart out US'ers).

I would like to say to all the great mates I got to visit this time and last,
I do admire your dedication to the preservation.  The Aussie's do not have
the "expendable mentality" that seems to be all present in the US.  Drive it,
junk it, has been the ways of the past, that's why there are probably a whole
lot fewer roadsters in the US than were shipped here.  In Australia, nothing
seems to be un-restorable.  Once they're gone, they're gone, so save a
roadster today.

Thanks Phil and Noel, your hospitality is unequaled.  Hope I or some of the
US based people can reciprocate if you ever come this way.  It is amazing how
the Internet has brought together such a great bunch of people.

Enjoyingtheride,

Gary Lasater
63 Single Carb 1500
Parker CO 80134