Re: R/C car's and seat belt's

To: "Ken Pletcher" <pletch@home.com>,
Subject: Re: R/C car's and seat belt's
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 21:10:36 -0600
>Also, I want to redo or replace my seat belts (30+ years old). I heard you
>could go to a parachute supplier and they could make it. I dont want to go
>to a 5 point harness. Does anybody know the safety factor of the latches
>Datsun used 30 years ago,should I upgrade them?

Ken,

Check out Ssnake Oyl Products <http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/>. I thought I
first heard about them here on the list? Anyway, they do seat belt
restoration for from $50-up. They're in Tyler, TX, a couple of hours east
of Dallas, very convenient. If you have questions about the hardware,
looks like these folks could answer them for you.

I'll probably use them to re-man a set of 200sx seat belts for the '73
when I do the street makeover in a couple of years. Like you I really
don't want a harness for daily use, but the original set up in both the
510 and late roadsters was not good either. The 200sx belts are still
available new from Nissan, at around $300/each (our cost)! Paying these
guys $100/each plus the cost at a JY makes a lot more sense, IMHO.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com