Hardware Madness

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hardware Madness
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:45:39 -0800
I installed my freshly recovered seats tonight, retiring my "Racing Seat"
(two seat cushions and a piece of wood). Who would have ever believed that I
would miss my roadster seats so much! The 3 days I had them out was long
enough to lose the hardware! So there I am, lying on my back, trying to
figure out what the "F" thread  was on the seat mounting posts. Last choice,
and what I thought was least likely - 5/16 SAE. So I guess the rule holds
out, If it's on the body, it's SAE, If it's on the Engine. It's Metric -
CRAZY.

Tomorrow, after work,  I start the timing chain epic. I think I have
everything ready. I brought the company's digital camera home to record the
event start to finish. Maybe I'll put it all together into a web page
article. If all goes as planned I'll be done by Sunday after noon. Wish me
luck! If anybody wants to stop by, I might have a cold beer available - that
is, if bloody knuckles don't put you off.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles
SoCalROC http://home.netcom.com/~andr/socalroc.htm