Topless and more

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Topless and more
From: "Daniel Beatty" <daniel@seaport.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:05:57 -0800
I am planning to buy a canvas soft top for my 65 1600.  I have a clean frame
and decent front bow.  What needs to be done to a bow to prepare it for
install?  It looks very straight with little rust.  Can just any body shop
clean it up or should it be sent to a vendor?

I am considering the canvas top with the zip out rear window.  Are they
worth the extra $$.  Does the rear window leak?  Are there differences in
the tops from the different vendors?

Does anyone know a place in Portland, OR to get a top fitted?  Lots of shop
around here quoting different prices.

Additionally, I am looking for a roll bar.  Wife requires it. ;-) I have
used Stroth 4pt harnesses in the past and found them fine for everyday use.
Will get some again.

Thanks,

Daniel Beatty
65 1600 Roadster