1500 Engine problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 Engine problems
From: tedcarrington@juno.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:16:36 -0500
Dear Friends - After 6 years of almost problem-free ownership of my
current Fairlady - my engine died on I-45 on the way to Huntsville.  The
car was transported back home and I had the engine checked out.  Verdict
- thrown rod that went through the block.  My car is a 1965 1500, I am
not certain if it can have short block welded back or a short block can
be located.  I would appreciate any leads on a short block or advise on
engine repairs.  As in case of many of us, we wonder if it is worth
putting big bucks in our roadsters.  The timing is not good for me as I
am paying for private school and paying down my mortgage.  There are
plenty of cars for $2500 and I may have to drop a thousand to get this
engine repaired or replaced.  My wife wouldn't shed a tear if I called
"Dallas Can Academy " and had the car donated for auction.!!  I have sent
e-mail to every vendor I know and Terry Cost is checking out the swap
meets in Shasta for me as well.  Thanks beforehand for any advice or
leads you may give me.  Many thanks - Ted Carrington, Duncanville, Texas
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.