Re: clarification on roadster parts 66

To: Dick & Charlotte Dowdy <dowdy00@in-tch.com>,
Subject: Re: clarification on roadster parts 66
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 14:33:34 -0700
Dick & Charlotte Dowdy wrote:

> T he engine that is in the roadster that we need the tach and
> speedometer for is the L 20 B .The transmission is a 4 speed.Also there
> is a 11/4 hose going thru the firewall to the upper part of defroster
> that looks like some kind of vent hose.  anyway it's all rotted out and
> I need to know if it's needed or can I just chuck it and plug the hole
> in the firewall. thank you

Dick and Charlotte,
You are looking at the cowl drain hose, just about the size of a radiator
hose.  You need it to drain the area below the small grill in front of the
windshield.  These are no longer available.  You will need to either
salvage what you have or come up with something else.  Water can sit in the
cowl region and possible rust out this area.  If you take the hose out,
whenever you wash the car or it rains, water will pour doun inside the car
where the heater core is and then filling up the floor of your car.
Bob