Re: Mystery Oil

To: Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: Mystery Oil
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:18:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/22/00 6:12:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov writes:

<< We will try carb oil first, then I will have him buy tune-up parts and work
 on the timing.  I agree with Tom - I love the smell of Marvel Mystery Oil.
 What do they put in it to make it smell like that!! >>

The *mystery* ingredient in Marvel Mystery Oil is...Methyl Salicylate (Oil of
Wintergreen). It is an essential oil and an excellent solvent...hence its
ability to *free rings and sticky valves* as the label says. M.S. is also the
active ingredient in liniments such as Ben Gay because it is a skin irritant.
It's also used extensively to add wintergreen smell or flavor to
products...such as my favorite candy, pink Canada Mints...yum!

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA
1970 SRL311 #14100 "DAT2000"
1968 Datsun Roadster DP racecars