Immobilisers & Mix ups

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Immobilisers & Mix ups
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:16:26 GMT
Because I have to park my baby out on the street (until I move at the end of
this year), my insurance company wanted me to fit an immobiliser to her.  No
problem, I think, but I was concerned that some guy would try and drill
holes in my precious dashboard...

Anyway, I booked my car in:

"What sort of car is it?" they asked.
"It's a 1968 Datsun 2000 Sports roadster", I replied.

I get there a couple of days later - and the guy says, I didn't think they
still made Datsuns.  "They don't", I said, and showed him the car.  He
thought it was a 2000 Datsun, not getting the idea that 2000 was an engine
size, rather than model year!

Ahh, well, seemed amusing at the time.  Guess you had to be there 8^)

BTW, there are no extra holes in my car, they mounted a little bracket on
existing screws, and now my little treasure is (relatively) theft proof.
Only cost $165.00, and drops $2000.00 off my excess if she gets stolen.

http://profiles.msn.com.