New Nissan Dealer, oh well, too bad, soo sad...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsunroadsters@onelist.com
Subject: New Nissan Dealer, oh well, too bad, soo sad...
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 08:37:48 EDT
There is a big new Nissan dealer near my house.
Saturday I wheeled in there in the trusty 510 wagon,
and went to parts, just to check them out.
I started with something simple:
"I would like the Nissan Datsun performance
catalog please"   parts guy says "huh?"
"Well, your supposed to have it for 5 bucks"
parts guy says "get me a part number"
So next I ask if he had microfische or just
the computer for parts orders.  Just the
computer, as I figured.  He checked how
far back it went, oldest is for some trucks,
1979.   So....looks like last place in the
tidewater area is the Nissan Dealer in
Virginia Beach, they got one guy
who still is familier with the old dusty
microfische.  Of course most stuff
is NLA.
Makes me very happy we have our vendors
out there!