Buy good parts!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Buy good parts!!
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 10:17:11 -0700
Al little OT, but about 2 years ago I was doing and engine swap/conversion
on my Toyota 4X. I had a nice clutch on order, but unfortunately it did not
arrive before I was ready to stab the engine, so I ran down to the Napa
store and picked up a kit to throw in. Recently, the clutch stopped
disengaging, so after replacing all of the hydraulics to no avail, I had to
pull things apart to see what was going on. To my surprise, more than 3/4
of the fingers the throw out bearing pushes on were busted off. I got a
nice new unit from the dealer and I am once again back on the road....
                   ........but learn from my haste and impatience- buy
good, quality parts from the get go. It will save a lot of headaches down
the road.

Brian '68 1600