Re: alternators, cables and batteries, oh my.

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: alternators, cables and batteries, oh my.
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:26:33 -0700
Geoff,

My plan was to drive and work on it this summer (at least got to drive it).
You should be able to take care of all your problem items.

1) alternator wiring: wiring can be replaced, with a few inexpensive tools
like a wiring repair kit (about $20) and a soldering gun (if necessary, and
use hi-temp solder).

2) cables: you can buy bicycle cable at a bike store, and make new choke
cables. That's what I did, cost about $10.

3) battery hold-down: never use bungee cords. My '70 engine bay got really
messed up from a battery spill. Although my spill was from forgetting to
bolt down the battery, the effect is the same if a bungee cord were to
snap. You should be able to find a tray somewhere, or get one from our
dealers.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC