SCCA Solo 2 National Championship

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SCCA Solo 2 National Championship
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:05:44 -0600
I just perused the entry list for next week's SCCA Solo 2 National
Championship event.  With the exception of Leisure Suit Terry (since
he's already posted his intent to go), I was rather surprised to see 4
SRL drivers entered in CSP.  To my knowledge, there hasn't been a
showing of Datsun roadsters at the National Championship since 1996.
It's good to see the Datsun roadsters back in the line up.  Best of luck
to all of them.  The SRL's entered include:
1.  Steve Nelson from Albuquerque, NM, '70 SRL (I met Steve at the
Denver SCCA National Tour in '98 when he ran CS.  Are you on this list,
Steve?)
2.  (Leisure Suit) Terry Cost from Temple, Texas, '68 SRL
3&4.  Bill and Elliott Harvey from Florida.  67.5 SRL.  Elliott is a 5
time national champion in CSP with his '67.5 2000.  Championship years
were '87, '88, '91, '93, and '96.
I'm anxious to see how these guys do.  Wish I could be there running
with them.  CSP runs next Thursday, 9/14, and Friday, 9/15.  The results
can be found at
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/2000nationals/index.html after the
event.

Good luck and take some trophies home!!!!!!!!!

Gary Boone
'70 SRL311  CSP
Cheyenne, WY