3 seaters -- Andrew's search

To: solex67@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 3 seaters -- Andrew's search
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 20:35:15 EDT
Andrew, don't know if you knew, but the old 190 SL Mercedes came with a third
seat in the back.  I had one for a while (a 1958) and sold it for the cost of
5 good quality Datsuns.

Many of the Datsun construction or restoration techniques are almost exactly
the same as the Mercedes, including the dashboard removal, instruments,
mirror placement, side panels, side trim, etc.  I understand the 2000 engine
is similar to the 190 SL (which came with dual Solex carbs that were
impossible to maintain and were often replaced with Webers or Mikunis).
Nissan may have gone through the 190 before they built the SPLs.

Good luck in your search, but I think a 1966 1600 is the one to get for your
daily driver.  Looks better, and there are more around.

Gary C
1966 1600
1968 2000 Solex