brake shoe lining

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: brake shoe lining
From: "eugene kay" <pkaccess@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:45:26 GMT
Hi list,

I had a local Friction Shop re-shoe all 4 of my stock brake shoes with an
Abex lning called Scanpack a kevlar based semi-metallic material(light brown
in color with small bits of gold-colored metal chunks in it). Cost was only
$48.- and they said it would be good for street and better than the stock
organic material. But I forgot about the negative affects the new material
would have on my stock drums? Should I have them re-shoe them to another
gentler material and what kind?

thx,
Eugene Kay
'69 2000