Re: Pressure Tactics

To: solex67@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressure Tactics
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 03:27:30 EDT
<< I told him I was not some rube falling off the turnip truck. The old "I've
 got someone coming by later who is interested in the car" gag doesn't work
 with me anymore. Neither does bait-and-switch, or the "I've got to get my
 boss's/wife's/husband's O.K. on this" routine. It's insulting. >>

Funny thing is that I had a very similiar experience too.  I had about $6500
to buy a nice little toy to drive around.  I went to look at a mid-70's Land
Cruiser.  Nicely rebuilt but far from the 6800 they wanted.  I offer $6300
and they said no because they had another person waiting to buy it tomorrow
for $6500.  I walked away and couldn't have mae a better decision because the
very next day I bought my very first Roadster, a Datsun 1600 for around
$1500.  I died in my garage when I got it home but that is another story.
So... I guess that I was very lucky I didnt fall for the "routine" sell.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
BADROC

Michael