Re: Any techniques for getting new Tach cable installed?

To: "Michael Tarelka" <mtarelka@home.com>
Subject: Re: Any techniques for getting new Tach cable installed?
From: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:12:23 -0400
Michael

The tach cable can be replaced from under the dash.  It is all in the
fingers, and perhaps an assortment of slip joint pliers.  I have connected
and disconnected mine several times.  It can be very difficult to get a
tight fitting loose, but relax your self from time to time and put the
effort to turning the fitting, not in resisting your contorted upside down
position.  If you have short fingers and fat hands, you are home free!  Buy
some beer and get someone else to do it!
Dropping the steering shaft mount can give you a bit more room.

I could not get the tach unit out of the dash! My hands are too large to
manipulate the wing nuts that retain the unit.  I took the dash off.

Regards

Calvin Grandy
Vermont