Re: [Fwd: Ford Explorer Tires (Non Roadster question)]

To: Beamonk@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Ford Explorer Tires (Non Roadster question)]
From: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:15:25 -0700
Consider the VW Passat wagon. More room for less money than the Audi, with
which it shares
an engine (the 1.8 litre light-pressure turbo-charged 4-cyl.). Great build
quality, MUCH
better rear legroom than the A4 Audi and that little 1.8 litre engine (let
alone the V6)
moves it out pretty darn well. (Though if it had been within our budget, the
5-series BMW
Sport Wagon would have gotten a serious look from me...).

Put a set of non-Firestone tires on the Exploder and sell it before OPEC bumps
crude
prices to $50/bbl and gas goes to $2.50/$2.75  per gallon, then buy a vehicle
that allows
you to drive safely by virtue of handling and maneuverability, and not just the
ability to
take a hit because you're bigger than the other guy (unless he is also driving
an SUV...
).

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA