Re: Firestone Tires

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Firestone Tires
From: andycost@att.net
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:00:10 +0000
I autocrossed an MR2 for several years.  At one point I
didn't have R1's so I used my Dunlop(dontstop)D60's.
The sidewall rolled very badly.  I kept increasing
pressure until I got to 70psi with no improvement.  It's
not much fun losing an autocross while destroying your
street tires.  One of the good things I noticed from the
softer sidewall tires is increased warning before
breakaway.  Unfortunately, they broke away much sooner
than stickies.  I guess that is why bias ply racing
tires are so popular.  They give better feel of what is
about to happen.
Andy