New Horns, Relays and "Fixed" Switch in the Colimn

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Horns, Relays and "Fixed" Switch in the Colimn
From: Michael Tarelka <mtarelka@home.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:44:17 -0700
--------------674CB1B63852DFBE2E6CE302

Hello List!

As you may know I have recently imported from Colorado, a very nice
1600.  To date, I have added new rubber pedal stuff, door jamb radius
protectors, sun visors and new horns (with a new relay).  The previous
horns were rusted and worn, so I contacted Nissan, but they only had the
"low" horn; I rebuilt - painted the old "hi" one - Rustoleum City. This
horn job, took me 5 hours.  I had to "rebuild" the horn contact, which
broke off; thanks Radio Shack.  I now need to build up the foam under
the horn cap, to  replace what I scrapped off; I am thinking velcro.

In addition, I still need to hook up the new tach cable,  I am thinking
of visiting a doctor and have him shrink my hands.  The first go around
wasn't pretty.  I should have re-negotiated my purchase price to include
the tach cable job!

I recently visited Dean, in SoCal, to meet him and buy some some stuff
He is a trip.  I like him, his heart is in the right place and he is
very knowledgeable.

Today, I saw another 1600, here in Alameda, a two tone white / bronze
recent paint job.  I almost knocked on his door, but decided it wouldn't
be cool.  Anyway, I looked his car over to see what parts I was missing
:)  He needs a stock radio, which I have - maybe he would install my
tach cable?

Lastly, this is the "X rated" part - I was crusing and stopped at a
local pub, this beautiful woman came out to look my car - she said "..it
made her wet".  Is this what you guys are always grinning about?

Thanks

Michael Tarelka
Alameda, Ca

--------------674CB1B63852DFBE2E6CE302