Fuel Pump Pressure

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Pressure
From: <Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 07:46:11 -0500
Thanks for the responses, however I am still a little puzzled.  How does the
pump pick up fuel?  Is it all pressure?  The reason I ask is that I finally
got it to pump after I poured about 4.5 gallons of fuel into the tank and my
gauge showed that it was just about half full.  I drove it around Friday
night and got temporarily stranded 3 times due to fuel problems, but limped
home.  I got it going Saturday, went to the gas station and filled the tank
full. So far, so good.  My fear is that if I drive with less than a full
tank I will loose pressure.  Any thoughts?  Oh yeah,  I mounted the fuel
pump above the fuel tank on the back of the trunk.  Is this a bad spot?
Thanks.

Chris Brucciani
Marietta, GA
1968 2000