New home for SPL311 02384

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New home for SPL311 02384
From: Nik Burns <tnburns@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:44:45 -0600
Just picked up a '66 1600, SPL311 02384.  It was garaged for the last 4
years in Colorado and was being restored when it was put to bed.  The body
is very straight, with a decent paint (another red roadster).  Most all of
the bits and pieces seem to be there, but I will know more about these as I
really get into it.  The motor has not been turned in 4 years, but rolled
over by hand, with about the same resistance as my 69 has, so I figure it
may be in decent shape.  Brakes are there, barely.  Clutch and transmission
feel good, but when the transmission on the 69 died, it felt good when the
car wasn't running, just wouldn't shift when it was running. I think I can
get most of the mechanical worked out in a month or so, at least I hope so.

The seller told me all numbers matched.  Hope so, but the fun in it for me
is getting the car to run and being able to drive it.  I can just see it
now, which car gets to run to work today????  Maybe drive one halfway, run
back and get the other one and drive it the rest of the way?

Nik Burns
'69 SPL311 22593
'66 SPL311 02384