Roadster 1 MGB 0

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster 1 MGB 0
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:46:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Since my boss went home early today I think I will kill some time at
work telling y'all a funny story.
        Irene and I were coming into SF from the North. There is this big
long hill of reasonable climbing thats at least a couple of miles long. It
was a nice night and we were just cruising along enjoying the view. Just
before the hill I see this 70's ish MGB come up behind me and get really
close to my rear bumper.  Just as the hill is starting he pulls out
to pass me.  So of course I give my roadster a little bit more gas.  It
seems to take forever but now he is dead even with me.  The funny thing is
is that he is seems to still be trying desperately to pass me.  I glance over
at him and give him a causual smile-wave.  He's like hunched over the wheel
and gripping it really hard with both hands-this guy really wants to pass
me-all that british
car pride or what-not.  So I jsut barely ease off the gas let him start to pass
me.  You can see he's obviously excited-he keeps looking back at me and
checking to see his progress.  Now Irene's even noticed this goofball and she's
jsut shaking her head.  I let his back bumper get about even with mine and
then I goose the car. I shoot up to be even with the guy wait for him to
look over- Irene and I both wave goodbye and I stomp on the gas.  I shoot
away from him like he's standing still and take it up to about 100mph for
a couple of seconds.. He's just a little speck in my rearview mirror. And of
course I laugh manically......

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA