Re: Solex's vs. SU's ..again and again and again...

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Solex's vs. SU's ..again and again and again...
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:46:08 -0400
Dan,

Or you could get the SUs modified to flow more air as shown in the Bob Sharp
Comp manual. I do believe Rebello offers this service. Ithink a modified SU
will flow as much air as a street/strip engine will need and will be a lot
cheaper too. Solexs look great but . . . most modified street cars just need
SUs.

In Grassroots they tested a Z with Webers then ripped them out and put on
SUs and the car generally ran better w/only a slight sacrifice of top end
power.

The key to power ain't the carbs, it's in the head to let the engine breath
better as was related to me by a well respected Cosworth/foreign race engine
builder. Too bad he's so damn expensive though.

Mike