Re: Industrial solvents

To: "Doris" <dhbain@uswest.net>, "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Subject: Re: Industrial solvents
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:55:25 -0500
Doris wrote

>All I'm saying to the uninformed of the List is wear the proper safety
>equipment for the product you are using if you care anything about your
>health
>and the loved ones that may be around you at the time.
>
>Whether it be impact or splash goggles, leather or chemical gloves,
>hardhat or
>ear protection, full plastic face sheild or welders shield, just wear what
>will
>keep you safe.
>
>MEK, Trich, Toluene are toxic chemicals and as with all toxic chemicals their
>toxicity and health hazard vary with the product they are in due to whatever
>formula the manufacturer is using.  Just be informed of what you are using.
>You can search out what you want to know by product name or manufacturer to
>find out what health hazards exist for that particular brand.  Material
>Safety
>Data Sheets (MSDS) apply only to the brand it was written for.
>
>A good starting place for the uninformed would be the following:

Thanks, Doris!  Why not protect ourselves so we can enjoy our roadsters
longer!  Of course you can be like the guy I used to work with who used
to say "Respirators are for babies!"  God rest his soul.

Marc T.

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX