Re: halon v gore

To: "William Hatfield" <jhatfield@zianet.com>,
Subject: Re: halon v gore
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:33:38 -0400
No Politics here but . . .

The electric car myth that "electric" is good for the environment is one of
the greatest hoaxes on the American public.  With the state of battery
development at this point in time the only cost benefit battery to be used
in electric cars would be the good ol' lead acid battery. Tons and tons of
lead would have to smelted and recycled to make all the batteries necessary.

The entire electric transmission infrastructure would also have to be
rebuilt resulting in the production of copper and steel rising steeply. The
construction of many more power generating plants and on and on . . .

All that happens is that the pollution is moved to another area of the
country.

FWIW,
66 Mike