Re: suspension grease

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: suspension grease
From: tosborn <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:02:42 -0700
Ken,
I have had good luck using Sta-Lube Extreme Pressure Moly-Graph grease,
this is a Lithium based grease with Molybdenum and graphite. Color is
charcol-black. I use this grease for suspension and wheel bearings
(front and rear). In the past I used Sta-Lubes Multi-Purpose Lithium
grease but found it does not hold up as well, seemed to melt or wash out
of the rear wheel bearings. Odd the multi-purpose has a slightly higher
drop point than the Moly-Graph (370 vs 360 degF), Moly-Graph is much
more water resistant than the multi-purpose which may help with gear oil
contamination (prevented with good inner seals!). If you use this grease
make sure the bases are compatible (Lithium to Lithium), if not you need
to remove *all* of the old grease prior to using the new. How you do
this for ball joints and tie-rod ends is beyond me.
   Todd
DATSFUN
San Jose, CA