RE: Wheels / Rims

To: "Brad Holmes" <bholmes@monk.aum.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wheels / Rims
From: Nathen Ruffcorn <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:17:14 -0400 (EDT)
Brad-
You may check with your local tire/wheel store for used wheels.  Usually not
the chain stores but the mom and pop shops.  These places usually carry
older stock and are more willing to go the extra mile for their customers.
A lot of times they may have or at least know how to get what you're looking
for.  My father picked up his set (similar looking to Gordon's) at one of
these places really resonably.

Maybe someone will remember or have it bookmarked, but awhile back there was
someone on ebay selling datsun Z wheels.  He had three or four different
sets and I THINK one set was like the ones you are describing.  The pics
showed the wheels still bolted to the cars (in a boneyard).  His starting
bid was always around $200 if I remember right.  Sounded kind of high for
sight unseen.  I don't ever remember seeing any of them sell but it might be
worth checking into.

Nathan

This is directed to Alex Avery in particular and to anyone else
who may have an answer to my question.

Alex, the picture of your car in the Roadster Registry has the
type of wheels / rims I'm looking for. They look similar to Gordon
Glasgow's car. I know his rims are Appliance (brand) wire mags,
but they are apparently out of production.

What is the brand / model / size of your rims?

Does anyone else know where those type (wire mag) rims can
be purchased?

I've been searching the web and haven't found anything close.
(rice rims abound)

Thanks
soon, 68, 2000

Brad Holmes