leaking Solex's...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: leaking Solex's...
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:46:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        The acc. pump cover on my forward solex is leaking  bit.. Not drip
on the frame leaking but it is damp.  Thee gaskets appear to be new-undamaged.
Whats wrong is is that the threads in the carbs are stripped out..well the
first half of them anyways.  I bought longer screws, to engage the non-stripped
threads, but I still can not really tighten them down...
        Why would the holes be stripped out??  Is it some kinda uncommon thread
that maybe the P.O. replaced with a screw that was close but not quite??
Yikes should I jsut pull the carbs..and tap the stripped holes to something
slightly bigger but more common...
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA