Re: drug addict datsun2.0

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, YouTurnTheScrews@aol.com
Subject: Re: drug addict datsun2.0
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:48:29 -0700
Hi You,

Your carbs don't suck big time. That's the problem. If you look at the
throat of the carbs you'll see the piston hanging there blocking the mouth.
You need to get this piston nice and loose, so it'll flap up and down like
Jerry Springers fat mouth. Use a finger and lift up the piston, should be
easy to do, then let it drop. Should be a nice solid thunk when it bottoms
out. If not, then you need to take apart the carb and adjust the jet nozzle
and needle so they align and the piston freely goes up and down.

The other thing to check is the path from the fuel bowls to the carbs. They
might be gunked up with snot. Lots of snot, and your engine will whimper and
snort but not sing. Clean the passage with carb cleaner and an air hose, you
might need to gently apply a wire to scrape out gunk. Also helps to fully open
the choke.

Fred