Re: Interior stuff ('69)

To: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Subject: Re: Interior stuff ('69)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:23:29 -0700
Kyle writes:
> I tried my best to patch my defroster ducts with (duhhh;-) duct
> tape.  No dice, the thing is so thrashed it wont even stay put.
> Are these available from our vendors, and/or does someone have
> a decent used one they'd like to sell?

Not long ago they were still available from the dealer.
B7040-A3205, "duct - ventilator"

> The heater-control lever no longer levers the heater control.

Two things to check: First, make sure the heater valve itself isn't
stuck. Second, if the valve has been leaking at all, it probably
dribbled water down the cable and rusted the steel cable inside the
jacket. This freezes the cable. Good luck pulling it apart!

I just rebuilt the valve and freed up the cable on my '69. I've now got
a good valve and a kinda-working cable. I took pictures and hope to
post a blow-by-blow on rebuilding the valve - it only takes two O-rings
and a couple new screws!

-- John