Re: Broken valve spring saga

To: <haugchiro@moscow.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Broken valve spring saga
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:12:38 -0700
> Kyle Hagemann wrote:
>
> > The only down side to the experience is that I'm afraid to run it up to
> > 6K again:-(  Not really a problem, it makes enough juice at 5K, but it's
> > a bummer having a Datsun I can't whoop the stuffin outta. :-]
>
> Kyle,
> It is time to save up for a new set of valve springs for your car.
> Then you may have peace of mind back again.
> However, anything can let go when you get the revs up.
> Bob

Thanks, Bob.  I just keep having flashbacks to how incredibly stupid I
felt when it let go.  Ya know, why in God's name did I have to twist
the little fella so badly.

B'sides, the 240Z is good for speedthrills, I just need to learn to control
myself.

Or, as my bride puts it, "why does everything have to be a race car?!"

Kyle
'72 240Z, L28, all poly suspension, 15x7" wheels, on it goes
'71 PL521, stock, but with a big honkin LZ22 w/SUs
'69 2000, knock on wood:-)