shift plate question

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: shift plate question
From: "Jim Plegue" <jandr95@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:50:29 -0700
Can someone help me out with a picture or description of the shifter plate
for a 70? My car came without both consoles. I have since reinstalled them
but the shift plate doesn't fit well. Isn't it supposed to nestle down
inside the "arms' of the console? Mine sits on top. Isit held in place with
the same screws that hold the front part of the console? I have jury-rigged
somethin but it aint right. Also, the inner boot appears squashed in
place -- like it's the wrong size.  Wish I had some reference. Can't find
any close up photos and the parts diagrams don't help either. Maybe I have a
homemade job that's too wide. Can someone give me the measurements of the
plate? Or does someone have one to sell?

Thanks,
Jim
70 1600
Berkeley