Re: Roadster (not) in the press

To: tkusunose@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Roadster (not) in the press
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:20:24 EDT
Hi Taro and List

Firstly Al Boettcher, who was featured in the Ottawa Citizen, is a member of
the Ontario Z Car Club - He was featured on their website last month.

Re your Practical Classics mag you will rarely find any reference to a
roadster in England in the classic car press because they were never imported
here. The few we have are personal imports. They don't list them in the price
guide 'cos there are so few around. However in an edition of PC earlier this
year there was a South African Roadster featured, and in the last edition
there was a pic of a 1970 1600 in the clubs section.

My 2000 was featured in a 7 page article a couple of years back.

Finally, a quote from Mark Dixon in Popular Classics (November 1994):-

"We should be grateful that Datsun didn't sell the Fairlady in Britain in
the1960s, or we'd have a Datsun on the front of every other classic car
magazine today"

Enough said.

Rob
Nottingham