Re: Rallying

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rallying
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:39:44 GMT
Absolutely! (But why not run a 1600? - It'd be perfect!)
I'm not talking about competing against WRX's and the like, but against
other cars of the era.  I've joined a local club, and apparently a couple of
members are competing in Datsun 2000's (and there's a whole group of 240Z's
and 1600 sedans (510's, that is)).

www.hra.bazar.com.au (but not many photos)  most of the recent events have
been more navigational than hard driving events.

Also, a 2000 came 4th in the classic division of Targa Tasmania earlier this
year - an event that looks similar to Panam.

www.targa.org.au

Check the results section.  And go to the Classic division.
That Lancia Fulvia is an ex-works World Championship car, and the only other
cars to go faster than the Datto were Porshes...
(and a 510 that was disqualified for illegal modifications!)

It's my intention to compete in Targa 2005.

Cheers,

Steve
('68 2000 Solex)