Suspension Torque Values?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsunroadsters@egroups.com
Subject: Suspension Torque Values?
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:16:32 -0700
I recently disassembled my front end suspension components to replace all
the rotted out rubber seals and some bad control arm bushings.  I have
several repair manuals (with some hilarious Japanese English), but none
of them are very good about giving torque values.  Engine assembly torque
values yes.  Anything else, no such luck.

I know you're not supposed to final tighten suspenson hardware until the
car is back on the ground, but I have no idea how tight I should tighten
the control arm bushings.  I assume you need to be careful on the top
bushings, since there's a locking tab.  Any suggestions on torque values?
...or... Just have at it until it feels right?  I'm going to have an
alignment shop check things over and adjust the alignment when I'm done.
Should I let them check them out and then bend the locking tab down?  I'm
a little worried that most alignment shops won't have much experience
with metal bushings.

Dan
Sierra Vista, AZ
'66 SPL 311