BRE Webpage update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsunroadsters@egroups.com
Subject: BRE Webpage update
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:29:44 EDT
Dear all

No poetry but plenty of Roadster content.

Firstly I've been away from the list about a week - getting withdrawal
symptoms - still reinventing my life - down to the last two candidates out of
60 for magazine editor and webpublisher job. The final interview is next
week. Thanks for everyone's good wishes last time.

Whilst putting my CV/appraisal together I just had to complete this latest
web update - the BRE pages have been niggling at me for a little while now,
especially when a few errors off the pages found their way into GRM (how did
that happen?). Now, with great help and enthusiasm from Peter Brock himself,
plus a little more research, I would hope that the pages are the closest to
the definitive BRE roadster story that's been written to date. Check out why
BRE and John Morton headed East in 1970, check out why Pete Brock switched
John Morton from D to C Production in 1970. There's also a BRE Roadster's
specifications page. URL:-

http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/BRE.htm

In addition, one of the BRE roadsters was campaigned to two National
Championships by Bob McQueen in 1970/1971. Before I get stopped by Mark mid
senten....see how the privateer STAMPED on the factory Triumphs two years
running even though Triumph had based their ad campaign around an expected DP
title. URL:-

http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/BobMcQueen.htm
(or linked through the new BRE pages)

Pete Brock has also helped enormously with some fascinating info on his
pre-Datsun BRE years with Hino which will be completed in a short while -
some great info and pics - worth seeing when it's up there.

Regards and enjoy

Rob