Re: It Is Not What you Weigh, but Weight Distribution

To: SRAPL311@aol.com
Subject: Re: It Is Not What you Weigh, but Weight Distribution
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:29:06 GMT
I'm not the expert here, but I asked that very question of Lou.  He said
that it wasn't a problem, provided you took off exactly the same amount of
metal at all points - easy to do if you have a properly set up (I'd expect
computer controlled) lathe.  Also, he mentioned that there was so much scope
for that, seeing as the roadster motors are "truly overengineered" (his
words).  Tell you what, I'll get more details of how he goes about it, and
post them for you.  It's a real shame he's not on the list (though he'd have
a heart attack from some of the mods you guys do - he's pretty conservative
regarding these little cars!)

Cheers,

Steve
(68 2000 Solex)