New Grease Fitting Found!!!!!!!

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Grease Fitting Found!!!!!!!
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:36:12 -0400
I rebuilt the original tranny for my 66 and saw a zerk fitting for the
shifter mechanism!!!!!

BTW, the tranny rebuild went smoothly and I am proud to say that I had no
extra parts left when I bolted it up tight. The biggest pain was cleaning
all the parts and getting everything so dirty including me. Gear oil goes
solid after many years and tooth brushes and a lacquer thinner bath seems to
help, but still a lot of cleaning. Took me about 12 hours from beginning to
end but I took my time and made sure everything was to spec. Glad I bought
additional external circlips of various thicknesses.

The next rebuild "should" go faster.

Mike